Wednesday, June 22, 2011

little pretty's


Ah..... its a wonder what can be made with a bit of felt and imagination. Since my kids are forever crawling and grabbing at my necklaces and earrings I have had to forgo wearing them. But these I can wear and feel like I have a bit of pretty on to accentuate my wardrobe.


It was really quite simple to make and I really just used what I had on hand. Buttons, brads, little feathery pieces of floss, beads and even glitter. I bought just the simple felt piece that you can get from any craft store for less than .30 cents a sheet. Pins and hot glue are really all that is necessary beyond your wild and crazy imagination.



steps for a simple felt flower: Cut a circle any size you want of felt. Then cut a concentric circle.




(This is the time to add anything to the edges to add flare like the one above. Let it dry.)

Once its dry start forming your flower from the center out. Hot glue that baby in place. I do use a piece of scrap felt to keep it all together. I put a pin and/or a bobby pin on the back and done! can add beads or buttons to the center to finish off the flower.

This is my little lovely sitting next to a lovely my grandma Jeanne got from my grandpa Jack as an engagement gift. I am so blessed to have it in my possession.

If you want to make one like the red one in my daughters hair the only difference is that you are twisting the felt as you are forming the flower. It really is quite simple and fun. Hope this inspires someone out there to give it a try!

No comments: