Friday, January 20, 2012

Date Night In

I don't know about you, but with two little ones, date night out is a thing of rarity. Kyla is just shy of four and we just found a lovely teenager who lives four blocks away! We are lucky enough to have Dustin's younger sisters who can watch the kids, but the two hours of driving to pick up and drop off makes that not the most appealing option.

So, date night out is a huge treat for us! Date night in, now that is a whole different thing. Dustin and I have been making huge efforts to have a date night at home at least once a week. So it made me think, " I bet there are more people out there that would really get encouraged if I put together a list of ideas for a date night in! So here goes!

First off. We put the kiddos to bed by eight! That is our rule for date night.




Watch a movie or TV show that you enjoy
Play a game (our favorites: Cribbage, Rummy, Checkers, Chess, Scrabble, Swap, Phase Ten, Skipo)
Play a Video Game( My hubby and I don't have video games, but I BET that if my Hubby were a gamer he would love it if I played a game with him!)


Buy a simple appetizer( we like fries) and share them
Read a book together
Candle light picnic on the floor.
( MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!) wake up early and have breakfast together and watch the sun rise. ( we do this in the summer almost 2-3 days a week!)
take your laptop into the car and have a drive in movie in your driveway!
Lay a blanket outside and star gaze
Dress up and have a late night dinner
Wine tasting night, Find a 3 or 4 wines you have never tried
Make or buy a sexy dessert and enjoy it together.( maybe even feed it to each other)
Do a Crossword together
Listen to podcast and discuss after
Send the kids to the grandparents! Then you have the whole house to yourself
Get on the roof with a blanket, radio and snack and enjoy the night sky
Get out the photo albums and reminisce about the great memories

Ok, so that is about all my brain can come up with for now. I may have to make a part 2 if I think of more! But you now have quite a few ideas for a cheap fun date night in!

All photos were found in Microsoft clipart

No comments: