Friday, February 1, 2013

long time no postings!

Wow, I am in awe at how long it has been since my last post.  Almost a year!  Uffda!

Well, I can say that my year has been a blur and it really is true.  I can't say that I remember every detail of 2012, but there are a couple highlights!

  • We were blessed to celebrate the wedding of Britta(Dustin's sister) and John Cusick.  I was one of three photographers for the big day and what a great time that was.  
  • We spent a weekend in Milwaukee visiting family and celebrating Dustin's cousins graduation.
  • I was asked to photograph the wedding of one of Dustin's uncles.  (that was crazy! hottest day of the year!  talk about melting!)
  • My dad had a great 60th birthday party and we were so happy to see the Pearson side of the family all come to celebrate. 
  • Kyla started to slowly take a couple riding lessons, which only increased her love of horses and her deep desire to learn how to ride them.
  • Isaac is obsessed with all things Disney Cars/Mater.  He was also out little outdoor boy.  Lots of time was spent outside enjoying the backyard adventures.
  • Dustin's business has been steadily growing, which is a HUGE blessing.  We still know many people in the home construction business who never recovered from the years of slow business.  Dustin has been blessed to NOT be one of them. This fall was not the greatest year for hunting.  He only got one doe, but I was so happy that I was with him!
  • For me, it was a year of really learning to let go. I had a pretty traumatic experience with two abscessed teeth in the spring.  Having to remove them really stretched me and my faith.  God honored me and kept me healthy through the whole ordeal.  I finally gave up scrap booking too.  Not that I was EVER as good or as thorough as my mom, but I just stopped focusing on trying to scrapbook my memories and instead just focus on enjoying the memories.I also found an amazing company and products that have helped transform my life and health( more of that in another post!)
I am still attempting to be crafty, although that has been something through the holidays that I have not focused on so much. I have been pretty focused on my husband, kids, cooking and homeschooling.  So that sums up my weeks in a nutshell.

In this past week God has really been stretching me and opening my eyes to see some areas of my life that really needed to be reigned in.  I love social media, but God revealed how deeply I was using it to fill unmet needs that He himself wanted to fill in my life.  So this month will be a no Facebook month. (it may turn into more, we will see!)  There may be more posts about that in the coming days too!




No comments: